ARM Acquires Mistbase And NextG-Com To Offer Cellular Modems For Billions Of IoT Applications
- Through a recent blog post, ARM made major announcements both in its efforts to enable new applications and to offer its first cellular modem.
- The first part of the announcement is that ARM acquired two companies, Mistbase (Sweden) and NextG-Com (UK), with expertise in cellular technology that are focused on developing NarrowBand-IoT (NB-IoT) solutions.
- The second part of the announcement is that ARM is offering its first fully integrated NB-IoT cellular modem, based on the acquired technology and one of ARM’s latest power efficient microcontrollers (MCU).
- With a low-power Cortex-M33 MCU at its core, the Cordio-N can provide both DSP and processor functionality in an efficient, integrated solution.
- It expands ARM’s revenue potential while offering IP critical to billions of IoT applications under development that will be enabled by the new NB-IoT interface for reliable wireless connectivity.
Cardio-N is the final piece of the embedded/IoT solution that ARM has been developing with other technologies such as the Cortex-M MCUs, TrustZone, and mbed platform and ecosystem.
@TiriasResearch: @ARMHoldings introduces its first cellular modem for NB-IoT and acquires two companies to do it.
Quote of the Day
‘No’ is the most powerful word that you have in your vocabulary.