Inside Magic Leap, The Secretive $4.5 Billion Startup Changing Computing Forever
- That cascade of money sparked strange rumors within tech circles: Magic Leap was doing something with holograms, or with lasers, or had invented some reality-warping machine the size of a building that would never, could never, be commercialized.
- In a rare interview Abovitz says Magic Leap has spent a billion dollars perfecting a prototype and has begun constructing manufacturing lines in Florida, ahead of a release of a consumer version of its technology.
- Neither a VR game nor Pokémon Go can do what Magic Leap’s “mixed reality” does.
- If Magic Leap has its way, the next generation will be virtual.
- In 2010 he started a new company, Magic Leap Studios, to develop the project as a graphic novel series and a feature film franchise.
Top-secret startup Magic Leap has raised a record-breaking amount of money in pursuit of a radical concept: blending the digital and the physical.
@NAMEA_Business: Inside Magic Leap, The Secretive $4.5 Billion Startup Changing Computing Forever via @forbes
Quote of the Day
Once you take fear out of the equation, the what ifs and maybes disappear and you go forth boldly from a place of love and courage.